Universidad Stadual de Montes Claros (UNIMONTES)
Research and Academic Interests
I received the BSc. degree in Biological Sciences and the MSc. degree in Entomology from the Universidade Federal de Viçosa, and the PhD. degree in Ecology, Conservation and Wildlife Management from the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais. I am a professor of the Department of General Biology of the Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros – UNIMONTES, and coordinator of the Graduate Program in Biological Sciences at UNIMONTES. My research interests are focused in plant-animal interactions, particularly in the mechanisms regulating the organization of insect herbivores communities in cerrado and dry forest areas at the north of the State of Minas Gerais.
- FAGUNDES, M. ; NEVES, Frederico Silveira ; FERNANDES, Geraldo Wilson. Direct and indirect interactions involving ants, insects herbivores, parasitoids and the host plant Baccharis dracunculifolia (Asteraceae).. Ecological Entomology, 30, p. 28-35, 2005.
- FERNANDES, Geraldo Wilson ; FAGUNDES, M. ; FAGUNDES, M. ; GRECO, Magda K B ; BARBEITOS, Marcos S ; SANTOS, Jean Carlos . Ants and their effects on an insect herbivore community associated with the inflorescences of Byrsonima crassifolia (Lineaus) H.B.K. (Malpighiaceae). Revista Brasileira de Entomologia, v. 49, n. 2, p. 264-269, 2005.
- ESPÍRITO-SANTO, Mario Marcos ; MADEIRA, Bruno Gini ; FARIA, Maurício Lopes ; FAGUNDES, M. ; FERNANDES, Geraldo Wilson . Sexual differences in reproductive phenology and their consequences to the demography of Baccharis dracunculifolia (Asteraceae) a dioecious tropical shrub. Annals Of Botany, v. 91, p. 13-19, 2003.
- FERNANDES, Geraldo Wilson ; FAGUNDES, M. ; PRICE, P. W. . Ant effects on three-trophic level interactions: plant, galls, and parasitoids.. Ecological Entomology, 24, p. 511-515, 1999.
ALVIM, Silmary J Gonçalves ; LANDAU, Elena Charlote.
- FAGUNDES, M. ; SILVA, V G ; NUNES, Y. R. F. ; FERNANDES, Geraldo Wilson . Abundance and impact of a Lepidoptera gall on Macairea radula (Melastomataceae) in the Neotropics. . International Journal Of Ecololy And Enviromental Sciences, 25, p. 115-125, 1999.